Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Back in the swing of things?



It's been a long, long time since I last blogged (well - maybe just about a year), and while that social experiment was great fun, I think it's probably time I take on a new task - blogging about something I've been enjoying for about 18 months and that doesn't actually put me in any danger!

Besides, it's the knitting that's been occupying my time. Sometimes I feel like all I do anymore is knit. It's not true, of course, but there are days when it feels that way. The "problem" is that I have so. many. ideas. Every time I think I've narrowed the list of things to design down to a manageable number, I come up with 3 or 4 more ideas. Now, some would tell you that I'm not at all modest (I think that's bogus!), so they may not be surprised to hear this, but ... those new ideas that pop up? They're good. I mean good. Usually. At least, they feel like it at the time.

In any case, I've currently got 3 in-process designs, as well as one that's been percolating for a few months. Since I'm planning to submit a couple of those for publication, I have to keep mum on them. (That is so hard for me! One of the things I love most about designing is sharing my ideas with others. Not being able to do that because of submission guidelines has been the single most influential factor in my choosing to publish independently. It's just so hard to not share right now!)

I can share the soonest-to-be-released design, though: the monkey blanket! Tentatively titled "Swingin'," this toddler-sized afghan will include written and charted instructions for both a full-color intarsia version and a solid-color textured version. Here's the design:

Cute, right? That monkey just can't wait to play with babies!

I'm estimating a timeline that will get the pattern out within the month. Then, if there's enough interest, I'll host a knit-along. Come on, you know you want to join! Okay, think about it. I'll let you know when it's time.

No comments:

Post a Comment